Overcome Any Obstacle
We can overcome any obstacle because of Jesus Christ. It’s essential to believe all our victories are rooted in Jesus Christ. We must always have the belief that victory is certain whatever obstacle we face.
- Maybe you are in a financial crisis
- Maybe you are experiencing marriage woes
- Maybe you are having a difficult time with your children
- Maybe you are struggling with the lies of the enemy
Friends, I’ve got Good News for you. 1 John 5:4-5 states, “For whatever is born of God overcomes the world; and this is the victory that has overcome the world– our faith. Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God?”
John writes to us on how we can overcome in this Scripture. So how do you do it?
- First, we need a relationship with God. Simply having a relationship with God is the key to overcoming sin and any hindering obstacle. Until you believe you was created primarily to have a relationship with God you won’t overcome. See, overcoming isn’t mainly about your works or deeds. What you do will take care of itself if you focus on your relationship with God. Overcoming simply hinges on your union with God. It’s through a relationship you get wisdom and assurance. Spend time with Him and take your time with Him. He has so many things to say to you. Start talking to Him and I guarantee He will communicate with you.
- A relationship with God is the victory that overcomes. You must have the faith God has already given you the victory. From the language tense used in this verse, John is saying we already have the victory before the battles even start! You are victorious before, during and after the battles you face. Believing this will change your spirit and perspective. When John says, “this is the victory that has overcome the world” he means overcoming anything that would hinder you from unbroken communion with Him. Nothing will be able to separate us from the love of God! His victory is our victory. All the offers of the world are no match to the pleasure of victory we experience in Christ Jesus!
- A relationship with God starts with believing. If we believe Jesus is the Son of God then we can have victory in every area of our lives. Our believing is the antidote to push away the hindrances of this world and cultivate our relationship with our Creator and Redeemer. The word “believe” means to “have confidence; to be persuaded.” The moment you have confidence is the moment you are born again, that is, able to have a relationship with God.
Victory is already achieved but to walk in victory we must focus on our relationship with Him and what He has done for us. What you are going through may not indicate victory but that’s why it’s our faith that overcomes the world.